Saturday Intro Course with champagne & lunch
Saturday Wine Tasting Days 11am-4pm, includes a glass of Champagne and a delicious 2-course lunch
Want to try a wide variety of wines and learn about new grape varieties? Want to discover which wines match best with which foods? Want a fun, interactive weekend Wine Tasting Day which will teach you all the basics about wine and a little more? Then this is the course for you!
Our Saturday Courses are a great way to spend an enjoyable day learning about wine and include a 2-course lunch and a glass of Champagne upon arrival to put into the most wonderful of moods! ;-) This Wine Tasting Day is suitable for those who haven't had any previous wine tasting experience; but with 11 great wines to taste and explore, we are sure that even those with a little knowledge will learn something new.
Come and join us for a very fun, really educational and extremely social day with like-minded people! "Many thanks for the course last weekend, Suzanne and I really enjoyed it and will come again and recommend to our friends." (Martyn B.)
"I was incredibly impressed by how much I learned, but also how enjoyable and interesting you made the whole experience. My family and I often still mention you when we’re sharing a bottle of wine over dinner and we start sentences with “Cecile told us…” so firstly thank you for such a wonderful day and providing knowledge that has stuck with us and improved our understanding and appreciation of wine." (Wendy B)
Your tutor, Cecile Bergart, was born in the Champagne Region of France. She used to train the food & beverage staff at The Dorchester's and Claridge's. She is a published Champagne and Wine Educator, a guest champagne expert for Champagne World Magazine, for Channel 4 'Superscrimpers', a regular guest speaker on BBC Radio Solent, as well as being an approved staff educator for Marks and Spencer, for which she runs all their local in-store tastings. She is a judge at the International 'Glass of Bubbly' Competition and has passed the world-acclaimed Champagne Master-Level Certificate.
- Introduction to the world’s major wine regions
- New World Wines (Australia, New Zealand, Chile, Argentina, South Africa, California) vs Old World Classics (France, Italy and Spain)
- Major Red Grape Varieties – Shiraz, Cabernet, Merlot, Pinot Noir, Sangiovese, Tempranillo and others.
- Major White Grape Varieties – Sauvignon Blanc, Chardonnay, Riesling and others
- How wine is made – grapes, fermentation, ageing and influence of oak
- How to taste wines – Colour, aromas and flavours
- Recognising elements of wine - tannin, acidity, oak
- Tutored tasting of 11 Wines
- The effect of climate on the taste of wine
- Which wines to buy, where to obtain the best value for money, storing and serving wine and understanding wine labels
- Food and wine matching: tips, hints and advice.
Tempted? Book now!
This course can be purchased as an open date Gift Voucher - a great gift for birthdays, anniversaries, Christmas or other special occasions!
Join us on an 'Introduction to Wine' day course from 11.00am to 4.00pm including a glass of Champagne and a delicious 2-course lunch at St James Tavern, a fabulous little
Places remaining: 21
Date/Time: 23rd May 2020 at 11am - 4pm
Venue: St James Tavern, 3 Romsey Road, Winchester, SO22 5BE
Saturday 'Introduction to Wine' Course in Southampton: 11am to 4pm, 11 wines, a 2-course lunch & a glass of Champagne! Passionate or interested about wine & want to learn more? Do you
Places remaining: 10
Date/Time: 25th Jul 2020 at 11am - 4pm
Venue: White Star Tavern, 28 Oxford Street, Southampton, SO14 3DJ