Saturday Wine Courses With Lunch £90
Saturday Wine Tasting Days 11am-4pm, includes a glass of Champagne and a delicious 2-course lunch
Want to try a wide variety of wines and learn about new grape varieties? Want to discover which wines match best with which foods? Want a fun, interactive weekend Wine Tasting Day which will teach you all the basics about wine and a little more? Then this is the course for you!
Our Saturday Courses are a great way to spend an enjoyable day learning about wine and include a 2-course lunch and a glass of Champagne upon arrival to put into the most wonderful of moods! ;-) This Wine Tasting Day is suitable for those who haven't had any previous wine tasting experience; but with 11 great wines to taste and explore, we are sure that even those with a little knowledge will learn something new.
Come and join us for a very fun, really educational and extremely social day with like-minded people! "Many thanks for the course last weekend, Suzanne and I really enjoyed it and will come again and recommend to our friends." (Martyn B.)
"I was incredibly impressed by how much I learned, but also how enjoyable and interesting you made the whole experience. My family and I often still mention you when we’re sharing a bottle of wine over dinner and we start sentences with “Cecile told us…” so firstly thank you for such a wonderful day and providing knowledge that has stuck with us and improved our understanding and appreciation of wine." (Wendy B)
Your tutor, Cecile Bergart, was born in the Champagne Region of France. She used to train the food & beverage staff at The Dorchester's and Claridge's. She is a published Champagne and Wine Educator, a guest champagne expert for Champagne World Magazine, for Channel 4 'Superscrimpers', a regular guest speaker on BBC Radio Solent, as well as being an approved staff educator for Marks and Spencer.
WHERE and WHEN?
- In Winchester city centre, at the Green Man Gastro-Pub, 53 Southgate Street, SO23 9EH, on a SATURDAY.
- In Southampton city centre at the White Star Tavern, 28 Oxford Street, SO14 3DJ, on a SATURDAY.
- In Poole city centre at the Guildhall Tavern, 15 Market Street, on a SATURDAY.
- Introduction to the world’s major wine regions
- New World Wines (Australia, New Zealand, Chile, Argentina, South Africa, California) vs Old World Classics (France, Italy and Spain)
- Major Red Grape Varieties – Shiraz, Cabernet, Merlot, Pinot Noir, Sangiovese, Tempranillo and others.
- Major White Grape Varieties – Sauvignon Blanc, Chardonnay, Riesling and others
- How wine is made – grapes, fermentation, ageing and influence of oak
- How to taste wines – Colour, aromas and flavours
- Recognising elements of wine - tannin, acidity, oak
- Tutored tasting of 11 Wines
- The effect of climate on the taste of wine
- Which wines to buy, where to obtain the best value for money, storing and serving wine and understanding wine labels
- Food and wine matching: tips, hints and advice.
Tempted? Book now!
This course can be purchased as a Gift Voucher - a great gift for birthdays or other special occasions!
Saturday 'Introduction to the World of Wine' Course, with 11 wines, a glass of Champagne upon arrival and a delicious 2-course lunch at the White Star Tavern Your tutor, Cecile Bergart,
Places remaining: 8
Date/Time: 20th Oct 2018 at 11am - 4pm
Venue: White Star Tavern, 28 Oxford Street, Southampton, SO14 3DJ
Join us on an 'Introduction to Wine' day from 11.00am to 4.00pm including a glass of Champagne and a delicious 2-course lunch at the Green Man Gastro-Pub in Winchester city
Places remaining: 14
Date/Time: 3rd Nov 2018 at 11am - 4pm
Venue: Green Man Pub, 53 Southgate Street, Winchester
PLEASE NOTE THAT THIS TASTING WILL NOW TAKE PLACE AT THE DOLPHIN HOTEL, 34-35 HIGH STREET, SOUTHAMPTON Saturday 'Introduction to Wine' Course in Southampton: 11am to 4pm, 11 wines, a 2-course
Places remaining: 12
Date/Time: 1st Dec 2018 at 11am - 4pm
Venue: Dolphin Hotel (Mercure) 34-35 High Street, Southampton, SO14 2HN