We pride ourselves on our links to local wine retailers. Here's a list and also some informative wine-related websites we hope will be useful to you ...
Local wine merchants
- in Chandler's Ford: My local Bay Leaves Larder is my little piece of food & wine heaven. A stunning deli which not only sells freah, seasonal and local produce, but also also provides me with delicious, affordable wines, local beers and gins? Yes please!
- in Overton & Newlyns nr Odiham: Caviste. What a fabulous wine merchant and what amazing staff! I could spend hours (and I often do! lol) wandering in their shops. Their portfolio of wines is of such high quality. Their carefully selected selection of wine and spirits are indeed a real treat for your palate. Besides, you won't find friendlier wine helpers anywhere else (apart from me, of course!) ... Mark, Hayley and Stafford are the creme de la creme and super knowledgeable.
- in Romsey: I love what Luc is doing in Romsey. Luc's - Purveyor of Fine Foods is a French delicatessen with an Italian twist. Amazing wines, fabulous cured hams and cheeses, incredible foods imported straight from France and Italy ... ah, I feel at home there ...
- in Andover: Grape Expectations is a fabulous independent wine merchant. Julie and husband Tim take pride in selling the finest wines at the fairest prices. It's always a heart-warming experience to go to their shop.
- in Salisbury: You cannot go to Salisbury without stepping into the amazing Cambridge Wine Merchants. They specialise in whisky, and they stock wines from my three most loved wine-producers: Torres (Spain and Chile), Chakana (Argentina) and Chateau Pey La Tour (Bordeaux) ... you guessed it, Kevin and I are always there!!!
- in Southampton & Winchester: My candy shop is Majestic. Once there, I get lost amongst the aisles and dream that one day I will be able to go through the whole lot and manage to taste their entire portfolio of wines ... one can hope! ;-)
(tried & tasted by yours truly) Catering
- Savage Kitchen, Pop-Up Restaurant for the Winchester area. Head Chef Adam's food draws the emotional response that only local and seasonally fresh produce can achieve.
- Chef Gary. OMG I love everything that this super talented and super friendly chef cooks! This is a superb dinner party business, as Chef Gary wows your taste buds and tantalises your palette in your very own dining-room, creating an unforgettable dining experience for you and your loved ones.
JancisRobinson.com - from one of the most highly-respected experts in the wine profession, a prolific website with free pages and member pages. Completely independent source of news, views and opinion on wine with a bit of food an dtravel thrown in, plus a database of around 100,000 tasting notes.
wine-pages.com - a comprehensive UK wine portal from the superb wine writer Tom Cannavan
winedoctor.com - Chris Kissack is a medic with a passion for wine, specialising in Northern France
Decanter.com - one of the best monthly magazines in the UK, full of useful and in-depth information on wines, regions and all the latest news
Bibendum-Times.co.uk - an irreverent look at the industry from the excellent team at Bibendum, leading importers and distributers
eRobertParker.com - Undoubtedly the most influential wine critic in the world, need we say more? Note, many parts of this site are for subscribers only
Wine Anorak - Jamie Goode is one of the most established bloggers around, he specialises in the science of wine
The Wine Society - we think one of the best mail-order wine retailers in the UK. Fantastic range, quality, and price. Life membership £40 - bargain!
PLEASE DRINK RESPONSIBLY. We, at the Hampshire Wine School believe that alcohol is here to be enjoyed responsibly and in moderation. Any problem with alcohol abuse, please contact Rehab 4 Alcoholism or UKAT for free advice and support for alcoholism and the issues of problem drinking.
We hope you will find this list useful ... and please do not hesitate to share the address of your very own favourite wine shop, or pub, etc.
Email us at email@example.com