Saturday 'Introduction to Wine' Course (SOUTHAMPTON)
Saturday 'Introduction to Wine' Course in Southampton: 11am to 4pm, 11 wines, a 2-course lunch & a glass of Champagne!
Passionate or interested about wine & want to learn more? Do you want to discover fascinating and delicious new wines & grape varieties? Do you want to taste a wide variety of wines and understand what makes them so different ? Do you want to know which wine to drink with what food? Then these are the courses for you and is a fascinating Introduction to the wonderful world of wine! It is also a great way to meet new friends who share your love of wine. This course also includes a delicious 2-course lunch with a glass of Champagne in the cosy function room of the White Star Tavern on Oxford Street.
So come and enjoy a friendly, informal and fun wine journey tasting 11 wines from around the world. No previous experience necessary!
Your tutor, Cecile Bergart, was born in the Champagne Region of France. She is a Sommelier and a published Champagne and Wine Educator, a guest champagne expert for Champagne World Magazine and for Channel 4 'Superscrimpers', a regular guest speaker on BBC Radio Solent, as well as being an approved staff educator for Marks and Spencer. Trust us when we say that you will be in good hands!
- Introduction to the World's major wine countries and regions
- New World Wines (Australia, New Zealand, Chile, Argentina, South Africa, California) vs Old World Classics (France, Italy, & Spain)
- Major Red Grape Varieties – Shiraz, Cabernet, Merlot, Pinot Noir, Pinotage, Zinfandel, Sangiovese, Tempranillo & more
- Major White Grape Varieties – Sauvignon Blanc, Chardonnay, Riesling, Torrontes, Albarino, Gewurztraminer, etc
- How wine is made - grapes, fermentation and ageing
Two-course lunch in the restaurant section of the White Star Tavern.
- How to taste wines like a professional – aroma, flavours, describing wines
- Recognising elements of wine - tannin, acidity, oak, etc
- Tutored Tasting of 11 Wines - 5 whites and 6 reds
- The effect of climate on the taste of wine
- Which wines to buy, where to obtain the best value for money, storing & serving wine, understanding wine labels
- Food & Wine Matching tips & advice
All our courses can be purchased as a Gift Voucher. Perfect present for birthdays, anniversaries, etc.
"Best birthday present for my daughter I've ever bought! Fantastic day - learnt so much about some wonderful wines. Delivered with so much passion - it was infectious!" (Kevin and daughter Jemma)
Places remaining: 10
Course Date/Time: Sat 25th Jul 2020 at 11am - 4pm
Duration: 5 hrs
Venue: White Star Tavern, 28 Oxford Street, Southampton, SO14 3DJ