Introduction to Wine (SOUTHAMPTON)
If you want to get a taste of what we offer at Hampshire Wine School in just one evening then join us for an introductory look at the wonderfully diverse and quirky world of wine. It might even start you on a journey of vinious discovery!
If you know what you like, but want to understand why - then this evening is for you. We will taste at least six wines from around the world and provide many pointers which will enhance your appreciation of wine.
By the end of the evening you will have learnt:
- How to taste wine like a professional
- How to identify aromas and flavours in wine
- About the influence of climate and weather on wine
- How different components such as acidity and alcohol form the building blocks of wine
- What influence oak and other wine-making techniques have on the wine in your glass
- About the principles of food and wine matching
- How to choose wine with confidence: we discuss how to interpret wine labels
Your tutor, Cecile Bergart, was born in the Champagne Region of France. She used to train the food & beverage staff at The Dorchester's and Claridge's. She is a published Champagne and Wine Educator, a guest champagne expert for Champagne World Magazine, for Channel 4 'Superscrimpers', a regular guest speaker on BBC Radio Solent, as well as being an approved staff educator for Marks and Spencer.
All tastings include: minimum of 6 wines sourced locally so you can find them easily if you like them, full tasting notes, PowerPoint presentation, and use of professional tastings glasses and mats.
This course is perfect for people who are new to wine tasting and just want to learn more in a relaxed environment. This evening makes a great present and can be bought as a Gift Voucher for just £25.
Places remaining: 7
Course Date/Time: Wed 15th Nov 2017 at 7pm
Duration: 2 hours
Venue: White Star Tavern, 28 Oxford Street, Southampton, SO14 3DJ