Saturday 'Introduction to Wine' Course (WINCHESTER)
Join us on an 'Introduction to Wine' day from 11.00am to 4.00pm including a glass of Champagne and a delicious 2-course lunch at St James Tavern in Winchester. Our setting will be the beautiful function room in this beautiful pub and restaurant.
This wonderful day out (lunch and a glass of Champagne included!) can be bought as a Gift Voucher, perhaps for a special birthday, a Christmas present or an anniversary treat?
Passionate or interested about wine & want to learn more? Do you want to discover fascinating and delicious new wines & grape varieties? Do you want to taste a wide variety of wines and understand what makes them so different ? Do you want to know which wine to drink with what food? Then these are the courses for you and is a fascinating Introduction to the wonderful world of wine! It is also a great way to meet new friends who share your love of wine. This course also includes a delicious 2-course lunch with a glass of Champagne.
"I attended the Saturday Introduction class and was absolutely impressed with the day. I can't believe how much I learnt in 5 hours. I can't recommend it highly enough. Cecile's passion was obvious and she had no problem passing it onto us. A great day and I will attend further sessions. Thank you Cecile!" (Sarah W).
- Introduction to the world’s major wine regions
- New World Wines (Australia, New Zealand, Chile, Argentina, South Africa, California) vs Old World Classics (France, Italy and Spain)
- Major Red Grape Varieties – Shiraz, Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot, Pinot Noir, Malbec, Sangiovese, Tempranillo and others.
- Major White Grape Varieties – Sauvignon Blanc, Chardonnay, Gewurztraminer, Torrontes, Chenin Blanc and others
- How wine is made – grapes, fermentation, ageing and influence of oak
- How to taste wines – colour, aromas and flavours
- Recognising elements of wine - tannin, acidity, oak
- Tutored tasting of 11 Wines
- The effect of climate and weather on the taste of wine
- Which wines to buy, where to obtain the best value for money, storing and serving wine and understanding wine labels
- Food and wine matching: tips, hints and advice.
Your tutor, Cecile Bergart, is a published Champagne and Wine Educator, a guest champagne expert for Champagne World Magazine, for Channel 4 'Superscrimpers', a regular guest speaker on BBC Radio Solent, as well as being an approved staff educator for Marks and Spencer. She passed the world-acclaimed Champagne Master-Level Certificate in 2018.Trust us when we say that you will be in good hands!
Tempted? Book now!
This incredibly fun Saturday Wine Course would make an original and interesting gift! You can purchase a place on any course as a Gift Voucher or you can buy an open Gift Voucher and let the recipient choose an event at their leisure - our Gift Vouchers have a 2-year expiry date!
Places remaining: 15
Course Date/Time: Sat 7th Sep 2019 at 11am - 4pm
Duration: 5 hours
Venue: St James Tavern, 3 Romsey Road, Winchester, SO22 5BE