Introduction to Wine (WINCHESTER)
THE HAMPSHIRE WINE SCHOOL IS CLOSED UNTIL FURTHER NOTICE.
Following the advice from our Government on Monday 16th March evening to avoid non-essential travel and contact, we will be offering customers who have booked an event in both March and April, a transfer to another event later in the year.
At the moment the situation regarding Covid 19 is changing on a daily basis, so it's difficult to plan, so when we have a better understanding of when we can run events again, we will be scheduling lots of exciting wine tasting events, as I think (hope) there will be pent up demand for people to go out and enjoy themselves. Normal life will resume after this current crisis and if you are thinking of purchasing an open gift voucher, rest assured our popular events will be as enjoyable in the future as they are right now.
Please take care, stay healthy, and be kind to one another ...
Ms Cecile Bergart, Proprietor
NEW TERMS AND CONDITIONS, FROM 17/03/20:
Customers can book with confidence as we continue to offer the flexibility to change your plans easily and without financial impact to you. For bookings made up to 30th of April 2020 (or further notice), we offer:
- Free rebooking with no amendment fees
- Free cancellation and a credit equivalent to your original ticket price will be issued (which can in turn be used as payment on future events)
- All credit notes issued during this period will expire on 31 December 2020 and events must be concluded by 30 March 2021 (so effectively we offer you a 12-month booking period)
- The credit note is a personal credit and cannot be transferred to others
- NO REFUNDS SHALL BE OFFERED during this abnormal period and as long as the Coronavirus is considered a threat by the UK Government, AS CREDIT NOTES WILL BE ISSUED INSTEAD.
Any queries, please email us.
If you want to get a taste of what we offer at Hampshire Wine School in just one evening then join us for an introductory look at the wonderfully diverse and quirky world of wine. It might even start you on a journey of vinious discovery!
If you know what you like, but want to understand why - then this evening is for you. We will taste at least six wines from around the world and provide many pointers which will enhance your appreciation of wine.
By the end of the evening with us, you will have learnt:
- How to taste wine like a professional
- How to identify aromas and flavours in wine
- About the influence of terroir, climate and weather on wine
- How different components such as acidity and alcohol form the building blocks of wine
- What influence oak and other wine-making techniques have on the wine in your glass
- About the principles of food and wine matching
- How to choose wine with confidence: we discuss how to interpret wine labels, so that you will never get stuck in your supermarket wine aisle, not knowing which bottle to buy! BECOME WINE SAVVY, whilst having fun!
All tastings include: minimum of 6 wines sourced locally so you can find them easily if you like them, full tasting notes, PowerPoint presentation and use of professional ISO tastings glasses.
This course is perfect for people who are new to wine tasting and just want to learn more in a relaxed environment. This evening makes a great present and can be bought as a Gift Voucher for just £25.
Your French Wine Tutor, Cecile Bergart, is a published Champagne and Wine Educator, a guest champagne expert for Champagne World Magazine, for Channel 4 'Superscrimpers', a regular guest speaker on BBC Radio Solent, as well as being an approved staff educator for Marks and Spencer for which she runs all their in-store tastings throughout the year. She also used to train food & beverage staff at both Claridge's and The Dorchester. She passed the acclaimed Champagne Master-Level Certificate in 2018. Trust us when we say that you will be in good hands!
Places remaining: 0
Course Date/Time: Sat 21st Mar 2020 at 7pm
Duration: 2 hours
Venue: St James Tavern, 3 Romsey Street, Winchester, SO22 5BE