Introduction to Wine (WINCHESTER)
If you want to get a taste of what we offer at Hampshire Wine School in just one evening then join us for an introductory look at the wonderfully diverse and quirky world of wine. It might even start you on a journey of vinious discovery! Besides, what a wonderful way to enjoy a Saturday night out ;-)
If you know what you like, but want to understand why - then this evening is for you. We will taste at least six wines from around the world and provide many pointers which will enhance your appreciation of wine.
By the end of the evening with us, you will have learnt:
- How to taste wine like a professional
- How to identify aromas and flavours in wine
- About the influence of terroir, climate and weather on wine
- How different components such as acidity and alcohol form the building blocks of wine
- What influence oak and other wine-making techniques have on the wine in your glass
- About the principles of food and wine matching
- How to choose wine with confidence: we discuss how to interpret wine labels, so that you will never get stuck in your supermarket wine aisle, not knowing which bottle to buy! BECOME WINE SAVVY, whilst having fun!
All tastings include: minimum of 6 wines sourced locally so you can find them easily if you like them, full tasting notes, PowerPoint presentation and use of professional ISO tastings glasses.
This course is perfect for people who are new to wine tasting and just want to learn more in a relaxed environment. This evening makes a great present and can be bought as a Gift Voucher for just £25.
Your French Wine Tutor, Cecile Bergart, is a published Champagne and Wine Educator, a guest champagne expert for Champagne World Magazine, for Channel 4 'Superscrimpers', a regular guest speaker on BBC Radio Solent, as well as being an approved staff educator for Marks and Spencer. Trust us when we say that you will be in good hands!
At the fabulous Green Man gastro-pub, on Southgate Street, opposite the cinema.
This tasting makes a great present for wine novices. Why not buying them a gift voucher, introduce them to wine and open their minds to new wine styles and tastes!
Places remaining: 8
Course Date/Time: Thu 6th Apr 2017 at 7pm
Duration: 2 hours
Venue: Green Man Pub, 53 Southgate Street, Winchester