Introduction to Wine (SOUTHAMPTON)
If you want to get a taste of what we offer at Hampshire Wine School in just one evening then join us for an introductory look at the wonderfully diverse and quirky world of wine. It might even start you on a journey of vinious discovery! If you know what you like, but want to understand why - then this evening is for you. We will taste at least six wines from around the world and provide many pointers which will enhance your appreciation of wine ... in a really fun way! NO PREVIOUS WINE TASTING EXPERIENCE NECESSARY.
Besides, do you know of a better way to start your SATURDAY night extravaganza in Southampton? We thought so! ;-)
"Thank you for a really enjoyable, fun and educational night yesterday! My sister in law loved her present of a night out tasting wonderful wines. You really made the night for us all :) " (Heidi)
By the end of the evening you will have learnt:
- How to taste wine like a professional
- How to identify aromas and flavours in wine
- About the influence of climate, weather and 'terroir' on wine
- How different components such as acidity and alcohol form the building blocks of wine
- What influence oak and other wine-making techniques have on the wine in your glass
- About the principles of food and wine matching
- How to choose wine with confidence and order from a wine list
- How to interpret wine labels
Your French tutor, Cecile Bergart, is a published Champagne and Wine Educator, a guest champagne expert for Champagne World Magazine, for Channel 4 'Superscrimpers', a regular guest speaker on BBC Radio Solent, as well as being an approved staff educator for Marks and Spencer. Trust us when we say that you will be in good hands!
All tastings include: minimum of 6 wines sourced locally so you can find them easily if you like them, PowerPoint presentation, full tasting notes, use of professional ISO tastings glasses.
This course is perfect for people who are new to wine tasting and just want to learn more in a relaxed environment. This evening makes a great present and can be bought as a Gift Voucher for just £25.
Places remaining: 16
Course Date/Time: Sat 9th Feb 2019 at 7pm
Duration: 2 hours
Venue: Dolphin Hotel (Mercure) 34-35 High Street, Southampton, SO14 2HN