Introduction to Wine (WINCHESTER)
PLEASE NOTE THAT THIS TASTING WILL NOW TAKE PLACE AT ST JAMES TAVERN, 3 ROMSEY ROAD, WINCHESTER, SO22 5BE
We are pleased to bring our most popular Introduction to Wine Tasting Evening to Winchester.
If you want to get a taste of what we offer at Hampshire Wine School in just one evening then join us for an introductory look at the wonderfully diverse and quirky world of wine. It might even start you on a journey of vinious discovery! Let's kick off the evening well with a fun and educational wine tasting!
If you know what you like, but want to understand why - then this evening is for you. We will taste at least six wines from around the world and provide many pointers which will enhance your appreciation of wine.
Your tutor, Cecile Bergart, was born in the Champagne Region of France. She used to train the food & beverage staff at The Dorchester's and Claridge's. She is a published Champagne and Wine Educator, a guest champagne expert for Champagne World Magazine, for Channel 4 'Superscrimpers', a regular guest speaker on BBC Radio Solent, as well as being an approved staff educator for Marks and Spencer.
By the end of the evening you will have learnt:
- How to taste wine like a professional
- How to identify aromas and flavours in wine
- About the influence of climate, weather and 'terroir' on wine
- How different components such as acidity, tannins and alcohol form the building blocks of wine
- What influence oak and other wine-making techniques have on the wine in your glass
- About the principles of food and wine matching
- How to choose wine with confidence from a wine list
- How to interpret wine labels
All tastings include: minimum of 6 wines sourced locally so you can find them easily if you like them, full tasting notes, tasting sheet, PowerPoint presentation and use of professional ISO tastings glasses.
This course is perfect for people who are new to wine tasting and just want to learn more in a relaxed environment. This evening makes a great present and can be bought as a Gift Voucher for just £25.
Places remaining: 0
Course Date/Time: Fri 20th Apr 2018 at 7pm
Duration: 2 hours
Venue: St James Tavern, 3 Romsey Road, Winchester, SO22 5BE