Saturday 'Introduction to Wine' Course (SOUTHAMPTON)
Join us on an 'Introduction to Wine' day course from 11.00am to 4.00pm including a glass of Champagne and a delicious 2-course lunch at the 2-Rosette star restaurant of the White Star Tavern in Southampton city centre. Our setting will be the beautiful and cosy function room in this fabulous 5 AA star boutique hotel.
This wonderful day out (lunch and a glass of Champagne included!) can be bought as a Gift Voucher, perhaps for a special birthday present or an anniversary treat?
Passionate or interested about wine & want to learn more? Do you want to discover fascinating and delicious new wines & grape varieties? Do you want to taste a wide variety of wines and understand what makes them so different? Then this is the right course for you!
It is also a great way to meet new friends who share your love of wine. This course also includes a delicious 2-course LUNCH and a glass of bubbly upon arrival to get you in a fantastic mood!
"I attended the Saturday Introduction class in Southampton and was absolutely impressed with the day. I can't believe how much I learnt in 5 hours. I can't recommend it highly enough. Cecile's passion was obvious and she had no problem passing it onto us. A great day and I will attend further sessions. Thank you Cecile!" (Sarah W).
COURSE OUTLINE - Introduction to the world’s major wine regions:
- New World Wines (Australia, New Zealand, Chile, Argentina, South Africa, California) vs Old World Classics (France, Italy and Spain)
- Major Red Grape Varieties – Shiraz, Cabernet, Merlot, Pinot Noir, Sangiovese, Tempranillo and others.
- Major White Grape Varieties – Sauvignon Blanc, Chardonnay, Riesling and others
- How wine is made – grapes, fermentation, ageing and influence of oak
- How to taste wines – Colour, aromas and flavours
- Recognising elements of wine - tannin, acidity, oak
- Tutored tasting of 11 Wines
- The effect of climate on the taste of wine
- Which wines to buy, where to obtain the best value for money, storing and serving wine and understanding wine labels
Tempted? Book now!
"Best birthday present for my daughter I've ever bought! Fantastic day - learnt so much about some wonderful wines. Delivered with so much passion - it was infectious!" (Kevin and daughter Jemma)
Places remaining: 3
Course Date/Time: Sat 28th Apr 2018 at 11am - 4pm
Duration: 5 hours
Venue: White Star Tavern, 28 Oxford Street, Southampton