Saturday 'Introduction to Wine' Course (WINCHESTER)
Saturday 'Introduction to Wine' Course in WINCHESTER at the Green Man gastro-pub: 11am to 4pm, with a 2-course lunch & a glass of Champagne
Passionate or interested about wine & want to learn more? Do you want to discover fascinating and delicious new wines & grape varieties? Do you want to taste a wide variety of wines and understand what makes them so different ? Do you want to know which wine to drink with what food? Then these are the courses for you and is a fascinating introduction to the wonderful world of wine! It is also a great way to meet new friends who share your love of wine.
So come and enjoy a friendly, informal and fun wine journey tasting at least 11 wines from around the world. No previous experience necessary!
"I attended the Saturday Introduction class in Southampton and was absolutely impressed with the day. I can't believe how much I learnt in 5 hours. I can't recommend it highly enough. Cecile's passion was obvious and she had no problem passing it onto us. A great day and I will attend further sessions. Thank you Cecile!" (Sarah W).
- Introduction to the Worlds major wine regions
- New World Wines (Australia, New Zealand, Chile, Argentina, South Africa, California) vs Old World Classics (France, Italy, & Spain)
- Major Red Grape Varieties – Shiraz, Cabernet, Merlot, Pinot Noir, Sangiovese, Tempranillo & others.
- Major White Grape Varieties – Sauvignon Blanc, Chardonnay, Riesling, & others!
- How wine is made - grapes, fermentation and ageing
- Improve your senses!
Two-course lunch and a glass of champagne.
- How to taste wines like a professional – aroma, flavours, describing wines
- Recognising elements of wine - tannin, acidity, oak
- Tutored Tasting of 11 Wines - 5 whites and 6 reds
- The effect of climate on the taste of wine
- Which wines to buy, where to obtain the best value for money, storing & serving wine, understanding wine labels
- Food & Wine Matching tips & advice
All our courses can be purchased as a Gift Voucher. Perfect present for birthdays, anniversaries, etc.
"Best birthday present for my daughter I've ever bought! Fantastic day - learnt so much about some wonderful wines. Delivered with so much passion - it was infectious!" (Kevin and daughter Jemma).
EXAMPLE OF MENU, freshly prepared by the Green Man's Head Chef, especially for the Hampshire Wine School:
- Beef Bourguignon With Watercress Mash and Crusty Bread
- Green Man Fish and Chips With Tartare Sauce and Peas
- Sweet Potato and Chick Pea Curry With Long Grain Rice and Flatbread
- Pannacotta Red Berry Compote
- Sticky Toffee Pudding Bourbon Sauce and Pouring Cream
- Apple and Vanilla Crumble Crème Anglaise
Places remaining: 12
Course Date/Time: Sat 2nd Jun 2018 at 11am - 4pm
Duration: 5 hours
Venue: Green Man Pub, 53 Southgate Street, Winchester