Saturday 'Introduction to Wine' Course (SOUTHAMPTON)
PLEASE NOTE THAT THIS DAY COURSE WILL NOW TAKE PLACE AT THE WHITE STAR TAVERN, 28 OXFORD STREET
Saturday 'Introduction to the World of Wine' Course, with 11 wines, a glass of Champagne upon arrival and a delicious 2-course lunch.
Your tutor, Cecile Bergart, was born in the Champagne Region of France and is WSET-Certified. She is a published Champagne and Wine Educator, a guest champagne expert for Champagne World Magazine and for Channel 4 'Superscrimpers', a regular guest speaker on BBC Radio Solent, as well as being an approved staff educator for Marks and Spencer. She is also a Ruinart Champagne Ambassador in the UK. She passed the World-Acclaimed Champagne Master-Level Certificate in August 2018, first time. Trust us when we say that you will be in good hands!
- Introduction to the Worlds major wine regions
- New World Wines (Australia, New Zealand, Chile, Argentina, South Africa, California) vs Old World Classics (France, Italy, & Spain)
- Major Red Grape Varieties – Shiraz, Cabernet, Merlot, Pinot Noir, Sangiovese, Tempranillo & others.
- Major White Grape Varieties – Sauvignon Blanc, Chardonnay, Riesling, & others!
- How wine is made - grapes, fermentation and ageing
- Improve your senses!
- Two-course, freshly prepared, lunch and a glass of champagne
- How to taste wines like a professional – aroma, flavours, describing wines
- Recognising elements of wine - tannin, acidity, oak
- Tutored tasting of 11 Wines - 5 whites and 6 reds
- The effect of climate on the taste of wine
- Which wines to buy, where to obtain the best value for money, storing & serving wine, understanding wine labels
- Food & Wine Matching tips & advice
The WHITE STAR TAVERN is a superb boutique hotel and gastro-pub, and you will be given 3 options for your delicious main course (including a meat, a fish and a vegetarian one) as well as 3 options for your mouth-watering dessert. Plus enjoy a glass of award-winning champagne upon arrival to put you in the right mood to then taste 11 wines! Heaven :-)
"Best birthday present for my daughter I've ever bought! Fantastic day - learnt so much about some wonderful wines. Delivered with so much passion - it was infectious!" (Kevin and daughter Jemma).
This wonderful day out (lunch and a glass of Champagne included!) can be bought as a Gift Voucher, perhaps for a special birthday, a Father's Day present or an anniversary treat?
Places remaining: 0
Course Date/Time: Sat 30th Nov 2019 at 11am - 4pm
Duration: 5 hours
Venue: White Star Tavern, 28 Oxford Street, Southampton, SO14 3DJ