Whisky Tasting (SOUTHAMPTON)
PLEASE NOTE THAT THIS TASTING WILL NOW RUN AT THE DOLPHIN HOTEL 34-35 HIGH STREET, SOUTHAMPTON
In our everlasting mission to educate and expand our palates, we at Hampshire Wine School also host informal whisky tasting events in the traditional and atmospheric function room of the White Star Tavern, in Southampton City Centre. Our knowledgeable and friendly whisky tasting tutor, Kevin White, focuses on providing the juicy details you really want to know, hopefully shedding light on the wine jargon that can so easily confuse.
Our Whisky Tastings provide step-by-step instruction in how to get the most from tasting single cask, single malt whisky to more adventurous couplings of whisky with food and song! Wherever you live in Hampshire, you can get together, relax and indulge with Hampshire Wine School and like-minded students of all ages.
In our single malt whisky tastings you will:
- learn how to taste whisky like a professional
- sample 5 different drams from Scotland and elsewhere
- taste a blended Scotch whisky, the most popular part of the industry, and learn how it's produced
- taste an example from each of the 4 regional parts of Scotland; Speyside, Islands, Highlands, Lowlands
- learn the definitions of differing alcohol strengths, e.g. 'cask strength'
- learn an overview on the detailed production methods and maturation types/lengths for malt whisky
- taste an example from across the Big Pond, an American Bourbon whiskey, as well as the most exciting (and expensive) version from Japan
An exciting tasting designed as an introduction to possibly the world's greatest spirit. Slainte!
"We just wanted to write and say what a fantastic night we had last night at Whisky Tasting it was great fun gained plenty of knowledge and very well presented. Would recommend your tasting classes to all we know. Hopefully will book another with you soon. Many thanks for a great night." (Paul Couch and Steve Patrick)
You will be tasting 5 single Malts, of which 4 from the 4 different regions of Scotland, as well as 1 from either the States (not a Bourbon though!) or from Japan (now, that's a treat!):
Speyside - MacAllen
Highland - Jura
Islay - Ardbeg
Lowland - Auchantoshan
These whisky tasting events are a treat for any whisky lover and make an interesting and unusual gift. Click here to purchase a gift voucher from us.
If you would like to host your own private tasting or would like to organise a corporate tasting to then we also offer a number of set packages and bespoke tastings. Full details can be found on our corporate/private pages. Call Cecile Bergart on 07969-113382 for more information and quotes.
Places remaining: 9
Course Date/Time: Thu 5th Apr 2018 at 7pm
Duration: 2 hours
Venue: Dolphin Hotel (Mercure), 34-35 High Street, Southampton SO14 2HN