A Virtual Night of Red Wines for Winter (ONLINE TASTING)
Tonight, we will be concentrating on ripe, rich, soft and spicy reds which are packed full of juicy fruit flavours. Come along to taste beautifully chocolatey Argentinian Malbec, in-your-face Zinfandel, robust Chianti Classico, versatile Bordeaux blend and peppery Australian Shiraz amongst others. We will also be looking at how to bring the best out of your red wines with a short, practical guide on what foods will compliment these full bodied wines. A great course for anyone who wants a simple, enjoyable introductory look at these lovely heart warmers.
THIS IS YOUR IDEAL WINTER WINE TASTING! And you will LOVE it if:
- You go for the intense flavours of dark chocolate, red meat and black coffee
- You enjoy a juicy, charred steak
- You appreciate the classics
Some of the grape varieties we will discuss on the night:
- Cabernet Sauvignon
- Petite Sirah
The three wines I would like you to purchase from Waitrose and open with me on the night are:
- St Hallett, 'No.1 Reserve' Shiraz, Barossa Valley, Australia, £8.99 (with 25% off as we speak at Waitrose)
- Journey's End 'Sir Lowry' Cabernet Sauvignon, Stellenbosch, South Africa £10.99 (with 25% off)
- Los Olmos, Malbec / Cabernet Sauvignon, Mendoza, Argentina £10.99
Your tutor, Cecile Bergart, is a Sommelier and a published Champagne and Wine Educator, a guest champagne expert for Champagne World Magazine, for Channel 4 'Superscrimpers', a regular guest speaker on BBC Radio Solent, as well as being an approved staff educator for Marks and Spencer.
A ticket entitles ALL members of your household to join in. There is no need to buy one ticket per person. Once your ticket purchased, you will receive a confirmation email with your ZOOM web link and password 2 days before the event itself.
Places remaining: 11
Course Date/Time: Fri 13th Nov 2020 at 7.30pm
Duration: 1+ / 2 hours
Venue: ZOOM ONLINE (LINK SENT BY EMAIL 2 DAYS BEFORE THE EVENT ITSELF)