Introduction to Wine (SOUTHAMPTON)
PLEASE NOTE THAT THIS TASTING IS NOW CANCELLED. Any concerns, please call us on 07969113382.
If you want to get a taste of what we offer at the Hampshire Wine School in just one evening then join us for an introductory look at the wonderfully diverse and quirky world of wine. It might even start you on a journey of vinious discovery! Besides, what a fantastic way to spend a Saturday night in Southampton! ;-)
If you know what you like, but want to understand why - then this evening is for you. We will taste six wines from around the world and provide many pointers which will enhance your appreciation of wine. NO previous wine tasting experience necessary.
By the end of the evening you will have learnt:
- How to taste wine like a professional
- How to identify aromas and flavours in wine
- About the influence of climate, weather and 'terroir' on wine
- How different components such as acidity and alcohol form the building blocks of wine
- What influence oak and other wine-making techniques have on the wine in your glass
- About the principles of food and wine matching
- How to choose wine with confidence from a wine list
- How to interpret wine labels
All tastings include: minimum of 6 wines sourced locally so you can find them easily if you like them, PowerPoint presentation, full tasting notes to take away, use of professional ISO tastings glasses, mats, etc.
This course is perfect for people who are new to wine tasting and just want to learn more in a relaxed environment. This evening makes a great present and can be bought as a Gift Voucher.
Places remaining: 0
Course Date/Time: Sat 8th Feb 2020 at 7pm
Duration: 2 hours