Whisky Tasting (POOLE)
Whatever and wherever the tasting or event, the main focus is to provide you with an informal, enjoyable and relaxed night out.
Our Spirit Specialist, Kevin White, will introduce a sneak preview of some truly remarkable whiskies from around the World. Sit back and indulge, with an exclusive first taste of 5 specially selected single malts.
We are proud to be totally independent, this means we can offer any type of whisky required.
In our whisky tastings you will:
- be given a 20-30 minute entertaining presentation about the history of whisky
- learn why this spirit is so popular
- discuss on how best to savour your whisky - how much water should you add?
- learn how to taste whisky like a professional
- sample 5 different drams from Scotland and elsewhere
- taste an example from each of the four regional parts of Scotland; Speyside, Islands, Highlands, Lowlands
- learn the definitions of differing alcohol strengths, e.g. 'cask strength'
- learn an overview on the detailed production methods and maturation types/lengths for malt whisky
- taste an example from across the Big Pond, an American Bourbon whiskey, or an exciting version from Japan to see what the rest of the World is all about.
An exciting tasting designed as an introduction to possibly the world's greatest spirit. Slainte!
"We just wanted to write and say what a fantastic night we had last night at Whisky Tasting it was great fun gained plenty of knowledge and very well presented. Would recommend your tasting classes to all we know. Hopefully will book another with you soon. Many thanks for a great night." (Paul Couch and Steve Patrick)
"Just wanted to say what a fantastic evening I had at a recent whisky tasting evening run by yourselves! My daughter bought it for me as a birthday present and I wasn't sure what to expect but Kevin was a superb host. My wife and I felt relaxed from the start and he kept the evening flowing along with his knowledge and witticisms. I learnt a lot and now look at whisky in a whole different way. I would recommend this experience without hesitation to anyone and hopefully somebody will buy it for me again!!! Thank you Kevin, I'm still practising!" (Simon Criswick, 2017)
This tasting would make an original and interesting gift! You can purchase a place on any course as a Gift Voucher or you can buy an open Gift Voucher and let them choose an event at their leisure - our Vouchers have no expiry date!
Whisky tastings are an ideal way of providing corporate entertainment before or after dinner or event. No knowledge of whisky is required at all - only an enthusiasm to participate as our events are both entertaining as well as educational! Contact us by email at firstname.lastname@example.org for more bespoke services for your corporate events.
Places remaining: 10
Course Date/Time: Wed 8th Nov 2017 at 7.30pm
Duration: 2 hours
Venue: Hotel du Vin, Thames Street, Poole, Dorset, BH15 1JN