Port & Cheese Pairing Workshop (WINCHESTER)
Prepare yourself for an evening of indulgence on our Port & Cheese Pairing Workshop. You will have heard of Port and Stilton as a common combination so now is your chance to find out why this works. Besides, do you know of a better way to spend a Tuesday night?! ;-)
You will taste your way through 5 luscious ports, while trying 5 different locally-sourced cheeses from the light and crumbly cheeses, to the rich and salty blue cheeses, as well as chocolate and raspberries. There will also be unusual fruity cheeses that will enhance the rich fruity flavours of the ports.
Among the ports you will try are:
- White or Rose Port - never tried it? It's delicious and despite the sweetness it has plenty of acidity.
- Tawny Port - A good aged tawny is like Christmas in a bottle.
- Late Bottle Vintage - taking its time in the bottle enjoy the richness from this style.
- Ruby Port - The most common of ports, compare with other styles.
- Vintage Port - The Creme de la Creme.
This will be a relaxed and eye-opening evening, during which you will learn how Port is made and be surprised by the different styles. Experiment with some of the principles behind matching food to sweet wines like Port.
We guarantee you'll have fun!
This evening would make an original and interesting gift! You can purchase a place on this particular course as a gift and request a gift voucher by email or you can buy an open date Gift Voucher and let them choose an event at their leisure - our Gift Vouchers have no expiry date and are delivered by first class post for FREE!
Places remaining: 6
Course Date/Time: Thu 23rd Nov 2017 at 7pm
Duration: 2 hours
Venue: Green Man Pub, 53 Southgate Street, Winchester