Port & Cheese Pairing Workshop (SOUTHAMPTON)
PLEASE NOTE THAT THIS TASTING WILL NOW RUN AT THE DOLPHIN HOTEL, 34-35 HIGH STREET, SOUTHAMPTON
Prepare yourself for an evening of indulgence on our Port & Cheese Pairing Workshop. You will have heard of Port and Stilton as a common combination so now is your chance to find out why this works. Besides, do you know of a better way to spend a Friday night?! ;-)
You will taste your way through 5 luscious ports, while trying 6 different locally-sourced cheeses from the light and crumbly cheeses, to the rich and salty blue cheeses, plus introducing nuts and olives as well as raspberries ... with Port, really? Really! There will be tried-and-tested pairings and some more unusual, eye-opening ones that will enhance the rich fruity flavours of the ports. This is a mind-blowing experience for your tastebuds ... what fun!
Among the ports you will try are:
- White Port - never tried it? It's delicious and despite the sweetness it has plenty of acidity.
- Tawny Port - A good aged tawny is like Christmas in a bottle.
- Late Bottle Vintage - taking its time in the bottle enjoy the richness from this style.
- Ruby Port - The most common of ports, compare with other styles. There might even be a Vintage Port for you to try ;-)
- Rose Port - A drink revolution is upon us ... discover what the press is raving about!
This will be a relaxed and eye-opening evening, during which you will learn how Port is made and be surprised by the different styles. Experiment with some of the principles behind matching food to sweet wines like Port.
This evening would make an original and interesting gift! You can purchase a place on any course as a Gift Voucher or you can buy an open date Gift Voucher and let them choose an event at their leisure - our Gift Vouchers are delivered by first class post for FREE!
Places remaining: 10
Course Date/Time: Fri 30th Nov 2018 at 7pm
Duration: 2 hours
Venue: Dolphin Hotel (Mercure) 34-35 High Street, Southampton, SO14 2HN