Five-Course Tasting Menu and Wine Pairing Night at Gatehouse 1833 (SOUTHAMPTON)
Join us at the Gatehouse 1833 for a special one-off event as Head Chef Lee Burden teams up with expert sommelier Cécile Bergart (Hampshire Wine School) to create a five-course tasting menu with expertly paired wines for every course.
The special Tasting Menu to be served:
- First Course - Sea Bream ceviche, Pickled Cucumber, red chilli and shallot vinaigrette, kibbled onions, pomegranate and coriander. Served with Cloudy Bay, Sauvignon Blanc, Marlborough, New Zealand.
- Second Course - Pressed Smoked Chicken Terrine, Truffle mayonnaise, mushroom powder, Chervil, Frisse. Served with Victor Bérard, Meursault AOC, Burgundy, France.
- Third Course - Roast Lamb Rump, minted crushed jersey royal potatoes, pea puree, purple sprouting broccoli, Jus Gras. Served with Wine C (to be revealed on the night).
- Fourth Course - Selection of Lyburn Cheeses, Gold, Old Winchester and Stoney Cross. Roast fig Jam, water wafer biscuits. Served with Wine D (to be revealed on the night).
- Fifth Course - Dark Chocolate and orange mousse, Honeycomb, candied orange, lavender ice cream. Served with Wine E (to be revealed on the night).
Seating on the night will be on tables of 10 and there is no minimum or maximum amount of tickets can that can be bought.
We hope you can join us for this special evening of great wine and food!
About Lee Burden
Lee recently re-opened The Gatehouse 1833 with a locally-sourced menu of modern British cooking. Located on the first floor of the historic Royal Pier in Southampton the restaurant is open seven days a week. Lee joined from The Chesil Rectory restaurant Winchester which was a Two Rosette AA restaurant also listed in the Michelin Guide. Lee was previously Head Chef at The Three Tuns, Romsey where he helped the restaurant achieve AA Rosette status.
About Cécile Bergart
Cécile Bergart, was born in the Champagne region of France. She is a WSET-certified sommelier, wine tutor and champagne expert. She is a published Champagne and Wine Educator (lately in the Hampshire Cookbookfor the Prince’s Trust, alongside Delia Smith, Marcus Wareing and Paul Hollywood), a guest champagne expert for Champagne WorldMagazine and for Channel 4 'SuperScrimpers' on budget champagnes, a regular guest speaker on BBC Radio Solent and Talk TV (Freeview Channel 8), as well as being an approved Wine Educator for Marks and Spencer, for which she runs regular in-store wine tastings in Hedge End, Chichester and Ferndown. She used to train beverage staff at both Claridge’s and The Dorchester and run wine tastings for their own clients. She was the 2014-2015 Ruinart Champagne Ambassador in the UK and is a judge at the International ‘Glass of Bubbly’ Competition. PASSED THE WORLD-ACCLAIMED CHAMPAGNE MASTER-LEVEL CERTIFICATE IN 2018.
Places remaining: 28
Course Date/Time: Sat 30th Mar 2019 at 6.30pm
Duration: (restaurant closes a
Venue: Gatehouse 1833, 1st Floor, The Royal Pier, Southampton SO14 2AQ