EXCLUSIVE TASTING! 7 Fine Wines AWARDED 94 POINTS FROM ROBERT PARKER JR (WINCHESTER)
Learn from the expert at this one-off tutored tasting!
This is the most incredible opportunity to taste some of the world’s finest wines. Whether you’re a dedicated wine enthusiast or simply want to learn a bit more about fine wine, this particular wine tasting offers a truly unique experience.
Get ready to impress your tastebuds as I shall present 7 fine wines from my very own wine cellar, ALL OF THEM AWARDED 94 POINTS BY INFAMOUS AMERICAN WINE CRITIC ROBERT PARKER JR.
Who am I? My name is Cécile Bergart and I am the owner of the Hampshire Wine School. I was born in the Champagne region of France. I am a published Champagne and Wine Educator (lately in the Hampshire Cookbook for the Prince’s Trust, alongside Delia Smith, Paul Hollywood and Marcus Wareing), a guest champagne expert for Champagne World Magazine and for Channel 4 'SuperScrimpers' on budget champagnes, a regular guest speaker on BBC Radio Solent and Talk TV (Freeview Channel 8), as well as being an approved Wine Educator for Marks and Spencer, for which I run regular in-store wine tastings. I trained beverage staff at both Claridge’s and The Dorchester and run wine tastings for their own clients for many years. I was the 2014-2015 Ruinart Champagne Ambassador in the UK and a judge at the International ‘Glass of Bubbly’ Competition. I also PASSED and RECEIVED THE WORLD-ACCLAIMED CHAMPAGNE MASTER-LEVEL CERTIFICATE IN AUGUST 2018.
So reserve a seat at my exclusive tasting (as it is limited to 14 guests) and enjoy the following award-winning and truly remarkable wines from the very best French producers, at the top of their expertise (AND NO BORDEAUX, as I have presented way too many already in previous Fine Wine Tastings! lol):
- Louis Michel & Fils, Chablis Premier Cru AOC 2017, Butteaux, Burgundy (unoaked Chardonnay)
- Domaine de la Bongran, Vire-Clesse AOC 2015, "Cuvee E.J.Thevenet", Burgundy (Chardonnay)
- Domaine Huet, "Clos du Bourg" Vouvray AOC 2017, Loire Valley (Chenin Blanc sec)
- Domaine Richard Rottiers, Moulin a Vent AOC 2018, Mortperay, Beaujolais (Gamay)
- Xavier Vignon, "SM" Cotes du Rhone AOC, Southern Rhone Valley (old vine Grenache/Syrah/): "Magnificent on all levels, this Côte du Rhône S.M is incredibly good to drink" Robert Parker: A 94/100 awarded by the world's greatest wine critic to a wine from this appellation... Rare enough to be emphasised with insistence. An intense and complex cuvée with a background of aromatic power! A single mouthful of this S.M. cuvée hits the palate with an enjoyable and addictive finish. One glass of this nectar won't be enough! MORE, MORE...
- Xavier Vignon, "Arcane IX L'Hermite" Gigondas AOC, Southern Rhone Valley (Grenache/Syrah/Mourvedre) "A structure which confirms Xavier Vignon's great skills”" Robert Parker
- Clos Saint Antonin, Chateauneuf-du-Pape AOC, Southern Rhone Valley 2015 (Grenache/Syrah/Mourvedre) "This one hits ALL the buttons: a legendary producer (the Sabons of Domaine Janasse) and a fantastic vintage (2015 was outrageously high quality)" Robert Parker
Served with a selection of cheeses and cold meats, with crackers, to enhance the wine's flavours and create a truly memorable experience.
This is a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to taste some of FRANCE's best wines and should not to be missed. Only 4 places left, so book early to avoid disappointment! £75 WILL GET YOU ONE PLACE AT THIS VERY EXCLUSIVE TASTING!
Places remaining: 0
Course Date/Time: Sat 5th Sep 2020 at 7pm
Duration: 2 hours
Venue: St James Tavern, 3 Romsey Road, Winchester, SO22 5BE