EXCLUSIVE TASTING! 6 Spanish Fine Wines AWARDED 94+ POINTS FROM ROBERT PARKER JR (WINCHESTER)
A PERFECT GIFT FOR CHRISTMAS OR FOR YOUR VALENTINE
This is the most incredible opportunity to taste some of the world’s finest wines. Whether you’re a dedicated wine enthusiast or simply want to learn a bit more about fine wine, this particular wine tasting offers a truly unique experience.
Get ready to impress your tastebuds as I shall present 6 fine wines from my very own wine cellar, ALL OF THEM AWARDED 94+ POINTS BY INFAMOUS AMERICAN WINE CRITIC ROBERT PARKER JR. AND ALL OF THEM FROM SPAIN!
Who am I? My name is Cécile Bergart and I am the owner of the Hampshire Wine School. I was born in the Champagne region of France. I am a published Champagne and Wine Educator (lately in the Hampshire Cookbook for the Prince’s Trust, alongside Delia Smith, Paul Hollywood, Rick Stein and Marcus Wareing), a guest champagne expert for Champagne World Magazine and for Channel 4 'SuperScrimpers' on budget champagnes, a regular guest speaker on BBC Radio Solent and Talk TV (Freeview Channel 8), as well as being an approved Wine Educator for Marks and Spencer, for which I run regular in-store wine tastings. I trained beverage staff at both Claridge’s and The Dorchester and run wine tastings for their own clients for many years. I was the 2014-2015 Ruinart Champagne Ambassador in the UK and a judge at the International ‘Glass of Bubbly’ Competition. I also PASSED and RECEIVED THE WORLD-ACCLAIMED CHAMPAGNE MASTER-LEVEL CERTIFICATE IN AUGUST 2018.
So reserve a seat at my exclusive tasting (as it is limited to 13 guests) and enjoy the following award-winning and truly remarkable wines from the very best SPANISH producers, at the top of their expertise:
- Bodega Forjas del Salnes, 'Leirana', Albarino, Rias Baixas DO 2018 - Robert Parker: "everything is in perfect balance with even more elegance than the other vintages"
- Dominio del Aguila, 'Picaro Tinto', Rivera del Douro DO 2018
- Vina Zorzal, 'Cuatro del Cuatro', Navarra DO 2018 - Robert Parker: "an indigenous grape variety (the Graciano) masterfully interpreted"
- Vina Zorzal, 'Malayeto', Navarra DO 2016 - Robert Parker: "a complex and mineral finish [...] a great deal to buy by the crate"
- Finca Martelo, Rioja Reserva, La Rioja Alta DOCa 2014 - Robert Parker: "absolute elegance, delicious balance, intense flavours and a very long finish [...] a very slow evolution that will make it a great wine"
- Vina Ardanza, Rioja Reserva 'Seleccion Especial', La Rioja Alta DOCa 2010 - Wine Society: "the 2010 vintage of this legendary Rioja Reserva is quite possibly the best Ardanza in the wine's 77-year history. It is only the fourth time La Rioja Alta have deemed the quality to be worthy of the label "Seleccion Especial" and the first in 19 years.' 95 POINTS FROM ROBERT PARKER
Served with a selection of tapas, cheeses and cold meats to enhance the wine's flavours and create a truly memorable experience.
This is a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to taste some of SPAIN's best wines and should not to be missed. £70 WILL GET YOU ONE PLACE AT THIS VERY EXCLUSIVE TASTING!
PLEASE NOTE: We can confirm that we have complied with the government’s ‘COVID-19 Secure’ guidance on managing the risk of COVID-19 in the workplace. Due to the constantly changing nature of this guidance and advice, our internal operating practices and protocols will be continuously reviewed and immediately updated. The information detailed here may therefore change without notice. The measures our venues are enforcing will make your experience with us as seamless as possible and will allow us to minimise numbers of people in the venue at any time. Therefore, we will be running at reduced capacity. Only 13 people will ever be allowed to join me at a tasting at St James' Tavern in Winchester.
The situation is fluid still and we are hoping to gradually build back up towards normal proceedings and we are appreciative of your continued patience and support.
Places remaining: 7
Course Date/Time: Sat 20th Feb 2021 at 7pm
Duration: 2 hours
Venue: St James Tavern, 3 Romsey Road, Winchester, SO22 5BE