Virtual 'Introduction to Wine' Tasting (ONLINE TASTING)
If you want to get a taste of what we offer at the Hampshire Wine School in just one evening then join us for an introductory look at the wonderfully diverse and quirky world of wine. It might even start you on a journey of vinious discovery! Besides, what a fantastic way to spend a Wednesday night during lockdown! ;-)
If you know what you like, but want to understand why - then this evening is for you. We will taste 2 wines from around the world (old and new) and provide many pointers which will enhance your appreciation of wine. NO previous wine tasting experience necessary.
By the end of the evening you will have learnt:
- How to taste wine like a professional
- How to identify aromas and flavours in wine
- About the influence of climate, weather and 'terroir' on wine
- How different components such as acidity and alcohol form the building blocks of wine
- What influence oak and other wine-making techniques have on the wine in your glass
- About the principles of food and wine matching
- How to choose wine with confidence from a wine list
- How to interpret wine labels
I would recommend buying in advance: 1 bottle of Sauvignon Blanc from Marlborough, New Zealand (buy Villa Maria 'private bin' please - it's the red and gold label. Available to buy from Tesco, Morrisons, Sainburys, Majestic, Waitrose, Ocado) and 1 bottle of Rioja Reserva (buy Campo Viejo Rioja Reserva please - it's the orange label. Available from Tesco, Morrisons, Sainburys, Ocado, Asda), and opening those 2 wines LIVE with us on the night. Bring some extra-mature cheddar cheese too ;-)
Let's bring some wine fun to your living-room!
1 ticket will entitle everyone in your household to attend this tasting (no need to buy a ticket per person).
Places remaining: 16
Course Date/Time: Wed 3rd Mar 2021 at 7.30pm
Duration: 1+ / 2 hours
Venue: ZOOM ONLINE (LINK SENT BY EMAIL 2 DAYS BEFORE THE EVENT ITSELF)