Virtual Whisky Tasting (ONLINE TASTING)
Our Virtual Whisky Tasting shall provide step-by-step instructions in how to get the most from tasting single malt whisky.
Scotch whisky or the uisge beatha, the water of life, is a wonderful spirit with a charasmatic and absorbing past. The lengths and methods a distiller pursues incorporating the long-maturation periods (10, 12, 15, 18 years old etc) define whisky, especially single malt whisky, as a high and wonderful quality product. Some spirits have few flavour compounds (e.g. vodkas), others gain flavour from their distillation period (e.g. Cognacs) whilst others will gain additional flavour from maturation in oak casks. Malt Whisky gains flavour from both the distillation method and maturation producing a fabulously complex and flavoursome drink. Truly one of a kind.
But it's not a simple as that. There is detailed variation throughout regional Scotland, from the fruity and elegant Speyside, to the peaty and smoky Islay and from the delicate Lowlands to the robust and spicy Highlands.
"We just wanted to write and say what a fantastic night we had last night at Whisky Tasting it was great fun gained plenty of knowledge and very well presented. Would recommend your tasting classes to all we know. Hopefully will book another with you soon. Many thanks for a great night." (Paul Couch and Steve Patrick)
In this VIRTUAL whisky tasting you will:
- learn how to taste whisky like a professional
- sample 4 different drams from Scotland (we shall email you the 4 whisky miniatures we would like you to buy at a discounted price from justminiatures.com thanks to our discount code - expect to spend about £25 in total for your 4 x 5cl bottles with delivery)
- learn how whisky is produced
- taste an example from each of the four regional parts of Scotland; Speyside, Islands, Highlands, Lowlands
- learn the definitions of differing alcohol strengths, e.g. 'cask strength'
- learn an overview on the detailed production methods and maturation types/lengths for malt whisky
These whisky tasting events are a treat for any whisky lover!
If you would like to host your own private whisky tasting or would like to bring a corporate group to a stunning function room then we also offer a number of set packages and bespoke tastings. Full details can be found on our corporate/private pages. Call Cecile Bergart on 07969-113382 for more information and quotes.
Places remaining: 22
Course Date/Time: Tue 3rd Nov 2020 at 7.30pm
Duration: 1+ / 2 hours
Venue: ZOOM ONLINE (LINK SENT BY EMAIL 2 DAYS BEFORE THE EVENT ITSELF)