Virtual Port & Cheese Pairing Workshop (ONLINE TASTING)
Prepare yourself for an online evening of indulgence on our Port & Cheese Pairing Workshop, LIVE via Zoom.
You will have heard of Port and Stilton as a common combination so now is your chance to find out why this works. Besides, do you know of a better way to spend a cold November evening?! ;-)
You will taste your way through 4 carefully selected ports, while trying 5 different cheeses from the light and crumbly cheeses, to the rich and salty blue cheeses, plus introducing nuts and olives. There will be tried-and-tested pairings and some more unusual, eye-opening ones that will enhance the rich fruity flavours of the ports. This is a mind-blowing experience for your tastebuds ... what fun!
Among the ports you will try are:
- White Port - never tried it? It's delicious and despite the sweetness it has plenty of acidity.
- Tawny Port - A good aged tawny is like Christmas in a bottle.
- Late Bottle Vintage - taking its time in the bottle enjoy the richness from this style.
This will be a relaxed and eye-opening evening ... from the comfort of your own living-room, during which you will learn how Port is made and be surprised by the different styles. Experiment with some of the principles behind matching food to sweet wines like Port.
I would recommend buying in advance:
- Taylors 4 x 5cl Port Miniature Selection Gift Set (Chip Dry, Select Reserve, Fine Tawny and LBV), priced at £13.95 at www.secretbottleshop.co.uk: This Port selection presentation pack is an ideal introduction to the different styles of Port from renowned Port House Taylors Port. This Port Miniature Selection contains a 5cl miniature bottle of each of the following: Taylors Chip Dry Port, Taylors Select Reserve Port, Taylors LBV Port and Taylors Fine Tawny Port.
- roquefort cheese
- salted almonds
- green olives
- wenlesdale with cranberries
- extra mature cheddar cheese
- comte cheese
- goats log cheese with white rind
- fig jam (available in Asda or Waitrose) or simply some dried figs
Places remaining: 13
Course Date/Time: Tue 17th Nov 2020 at 7.30pm
Duration: 1+/ 2 hours
Venue: ONLINE ON ZOOM (INVITATION SENT BY EMAIL 2 DAYS BEFORE THE EVENT ITSELF)