Saturday 'Introduction to Wine' Course with lunch and champagne (SOUTHAMPTON)
Saturday 'Introduction to the World of Wine' Course, with 11 wines, a glass of Champagne upon arrival and a delicious 2-course lunch.
Your tutor, Cecile Bergart, was born in the Champagne Region of France and is WSET-Certified. She is a published Champagne and Wine Educator, a guest champagne expert for Champagne World Magazine and for Channel 4 'Superscrimpers', a regular guest speaker on BBC Radio Solent, as well as being an approved staff educator for Marks and Spencer. She is also a Ruinart Champagne Ambassador in the UK. She passed the World-Acclaimed Champagne Master-Level Certificate in August 2018, first time. Trust us when we say that you will be in good hands!
- Introduction to the Worlds major wine regions
- New World Wines (Australia, New Zealand, Chile, Argentina, South Africa, California) vs Old World Classics (France, Italy, & Spain)
- Major Red Grape Varieties – Shiraz, Cabernet, Merlot, Pinot Noir, Sangiovese, Tempranillo & others.
- Major White Grape Varieties – Sauvignon Blanc, Chardonnay, Riesling, & others!
- How wine is made - grapes, fermentation and ageing
- Improve your senses!
- Two-course, freshly prepared, lunch and a glass of champagne
- How to taste wines like a professional – aroma, flavours, describing wines
- Recognising elements of wine - tannin, acidity, oak
- Tutored tasting of 11 Wines - 5 whites and 6 reds
- The effect of climate on the taste of wine
- Which wines to buy, where to obtain the best value for money, storing & serving wine, understanding wine labels
- Food & Wine Matching tips & advice
For lunch, you will be given 4 options for your delicious main course (including a meat, a fish and a vegetarian one) as well as 3 options for your mouth-watering dessert, or cheese plate. Plus enjoy a glass of award-winning champagne upon arrival to put you in the right mood to then taste 11 wines! Heaven :-)
"Best birthday present for my daughter I've ever bought! Fantastic day - learnt so much about some wonderful wines. Delivered with so much passion - it was infectious!" (Kevin and daughter Jemma).
This wonderful day out (lunch and a glass of Champagne included!) can be bought as a Gift Voucher, perhaps for as Christmas or Valentine present, special birthday or an anniversary treat?
Places remaining: 14
Course Date/Time: Sat 4th Sep 2021 at 11am - 4pm
Duration: 5 hours
Venue: Dolphin Hotel (Mercure), 34-35 High Street, Southampton, SO14 2HN