Summer White Wines (WINCHESTER)
Like white wine? Want to compare different styles of white wine? Light, crisp whites like our Nation's old favourite Italian Pinot Grigio. Or Juicy, aromatic whites like New Zealand Sauvignon Blanc. Or maybe you prefer a zingy, lean Muscadet from France.
Think you know what you like? - Be prepared to change your mind forever! ;-)
No previous wine knowledge needed. All very informal and friendly.
Your tutor, Cecile Bergart, is a published Champagne and Wine Educator, a guest champagne expert for Champagne World Magazine, for Channel 4 'SuperScrimpers', a regular guest speaker on BBC Radio Solent, as well as being an approved staff educator for Marks and Spencer. Trust us when we say that you will be in good hands!
By the end of the evening :
- You will have gained a good understanding of the world's major white grape varieties and the wine styles they produce.
- You will have been taught to assess & taste wine like a true professional, and be able to identify any faults found in wine (e.g. a corked wine).
- You will have tasted wines from most of the worlds major wine regions
- Food & wine matching will also have given you a lot of confidence to try new wine pairings with your favourite foods.
- You will also have developed your sense of smell and wine vocabulary.
You will taste old favourite grape varieties, as well as brand new ones!
- Sauvignon Blanc
- Pinot Grigio
- Vinho Verde
Professional ISO tasting glasses, comprehensive tasting notes and Power Point presentations are provided.
This wonderful tasting makes a fabulous present for someone you love - perfect for birthdays, anniversaries, mothers and fathers' days, etc. Click here to purchase your personalised gift voucher (no date expiry and free p&p)!
Places remaining: 10
Course Date/Time: Thu 5th Jul 2018 at 7pm
Duration: 2 hrs
Venue: Green Man Pub, 53 Southgate Street, Winchester, SO23 9EH