Sailing & Wine Tasting Aboard Seafin £75
Join us for a sunset wine-tasting cruise with full buffet dinner and drinks included, in the delightful environment of the stunningly beautiful Seafin. Enjoy learning about wines from around the world and how to taste wine like a professional FOR ONLY £75pp. Discover new favourites and learn more about the wines you already love, whilst sailing. We will help you to squeeze just a drop more enjoyment out of every glass of wine – cheers!
Some stunning wines to taste, a delicious dinner PLUS a fabulous cruise aboard a stylish yacht – what's not to like? All for £75pp. Book your place NOW as places aboard Seafin are extremely limited!
SEE BELOW FOR DATES AND BOOKING FACILITIES
These fabulously entertaining events can make an original and interesting gift – purchase a place and we shall send you a gift voucher and wallet upon request. A beautiful present, beautifully presented!
Seafin is based at Port Hamble Marina in the picturesque village of Hamble-le-Rice, near Southampton. The postcode for your Sat Nav is SO31 4QD.
You can get to Hamble by road, by train or even plane. If in doubt, or if you are lost, call Paul on 07717 467608 or the Marina Office on 023 8045 2741.
1. Exit at junction 8 on the M27
From the M3 follow signs for M27 Southampton
From the A3 follow signs for M27 Portsmouth/Southampton
2. From junction 8, take the A3024 to Southampton/East Docks/Hamble up the hill (short dual carriageway)
3. At the roundabout, take the 2nd exit onto Hamble Lane/A3025 to Hamble.
4. Continue to follow Hamble Lane through 2 roundabouts and one set of traffic lights.
5. At 3rd roundabout, take 1st exit and then first left into Satchell Lane.
6. Continue along the lane and follow signs to Port Hamble Marina, which will be found on the left after about 1.5 miles.
Once in the marina, follow the road around and take any parking place available. Parking permits are available from the Marina Office. State that you are on ‘Seafin’. Please display the permit clearly on your dashboard. We would be grateful if you could inform your Event Organiser that you will require a permit at least a few days prior to the charter. This ensures that the Marina Office are aware of the number of vehicles arriving. ‘Seafin’ is at the end of ‘F’ pontoon, which is near to the Marina Office.
WINE TASTING EVENINGS ABOARD SEAFIN ON THE FOLLOWING DATES:
- SATURDAY 3RD OF JUNE 2017, 6.30pm-10.30pm, £75pp (CLICK HERE TO BOOK ONLINE ON EVENTBRITE) 'SAUVIGNON BLANC FROM AROUND THE WORLD', SUNSET SAILING ABOARD SEAFIN, WITH BUFFET-STYLE DINNER AND WELCOME DRINKS
TONIGHT'S WINE THEME: Whilst we enjoy our sailing aboard the stunningly beautiful Seafin yacht, and after our 2-course buffet-style dinner on board, we shall sample the delights of the Loire Valley against those of the New World in terms of SAUVIGNON BLANC wines. We tour the stunning vineyards of the Loire Valley for refreshing, mineral and bone-dry wines. We’ll go East to taste a steely Sauvignon Blanc, through the Touraine Region to experience a Sancerre and thus enjoy the sharp delights of a mouth-watering Sauvignon Blanc. However, the New World is growing strong, and the best-loved Sauvignon Blanc are no longer the exclusive grape of the Loire Valley. Let’s (re)discover New Zealand and THE trendy Marlborough vineyards, Australia, South Africa, Chile and Argentina amongst other wine-producing countries and see which style suit your palate best! You might surprise yourself, as we will be tasting all wines blind and leave preconceptions at the door!
- SATURDAY 8TH OF JULY 2017, 6.30pm-10.30pm, £75pp (CLICK HERE TO BOOK ONLINE ON EVENTBRITE) DISCOVER WINES FROM ITALY,SUNSET SAILING ABOARD SEAFIN, WITH BUFFET-STYLE DINNER AND WELCOME DRINKS
TONIGHT'S WINE THEME: Welcome to the Wonderful World of Wine tasting on Italy. Time for some tasty traditional classics! A country that defines food and wine matching with many exciting wines produced from the big three regions; Tuscany, Piedmont and Veneto. BAROLO, BARBARESCO, AMARONE, MONTEPULCIANO and CHIANTI are just a few famous wine names you’ll discover from these classic regions.In addition we’ll investigate why the TWO biggest phenomenon in the UK have been two Italian whites, PINOT GRIGIO and PROSECCO, and where these easy-drinking wines have surfaced from, and why they tick our boxes.
- SATURDAY 5TH OF AUGUST 2017, 6.30pm-10.30pm (CLICK HERE TO BOOK ONLINE ON EVENTBRITE) 'DISCOVER WINES FROM SPAIN', SUNSET SAILING ABOARD SEAFIN, WITH BUFFET-STYLE DINNER AND WELCOME DRINKS
TONIGHT'S WINE THEME: Join us as we taste a selection of fantastic wines of Spain that are the buzz-words in the wine industry at the moment. At the core of this area we find the classic RIOJA joined by the youthful NAVARRA. To the South we find the mountainous and high-class RIBERA DEL DUERO (commanding the highest prices in Spain!) district, with the racy TORO and aromatic RUEDA areas in close proximity. On the Galician coast we find RIAS BAIXAS where some of Spain’s most distinguished whites are found.
- SATURDAY 2ND OF SEPTEMBER 2017, 6.30pm-10.30pm (CLICK HERE TO BOOK ONLINE ON EVENTBRITE) 'DISCOVER WINES FROM AUSTRALIA AND NEW ZEALAND', SUNSET SAILING ABOARD SEAFIN, WITH BUFFET-STYLE DINNER AND WELCOME DRINKS
TONIGHT'S WINE THEME: AUSTRALIA is home to an amazing array of diverse climates and these are reflected in its many unique and regionally distinct wine regions, from cooler wine regions such as Adelaide Hills and Margaret River, to super hot ones, such as Barossa Valley. Let's discover each regions and what they are now famous for, in terms of wine styles, grape varieties and award-winning producers. Whereas, Marlborough in NEW ZEALAND is a small country conquering the wine world by storm. The punchy and complex Sauvignon Blanc from here always delivers and has won the hearts of many a wine enthusiast. But the best kept secrets are their own expressions of (especially) Pinot Noir, Pinot Gris, Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot and Syrah. In this session we dive into these newcomers on the UK market in order to understand what makes New Zealand such an attractive proposition.
- SATURDAY 8TH OF OCTOBER 2017, 6.30pm-10.30pm (CLICK HERE TO BOOK ONLINE ON EVENTBRITE) 'AN EVENING OF RED WINES', SUNSET SAILING ABOARD SEAFIN, WITH BUFFET-STYLE DINNER AND WELCOME DRINKS
TONIGHT'S WINE THEME: This evening we will be concentrating on ripe, rich, soft and spicy reds which are packed full of juicy fruit flavours. Come along to taste beautifully chocolatey Argentinian MALBEC, in-your-face ZINFANDEL, robust RIOJA RESERVA, versatile BORDEAUX blend, and peppery Australian SHIRAZ amongst others. We will also be looking at how to bring the best out of your red wines with a short, practical guide on what foods will compliment these full bodied wines. A great course for anyone who wants a simple, enjoyable introductory look at these lovely heart warmers.
- SATURDAY 9TH OF DECEMBER 2017, 6.30pm-10.30pm (CLICK HERE TO BOOK ONLINE ON EVENTBRITE) 'SPARKLING WINES FROM AROUND THE WORLD', SUNSET SAILING ABOARD SEAFIN, WITH BUFFET-STYLE DINNER AND WELCOME DRINKS
TONIGHT'S WINE THEME: The French arguably make the best sparkling wine in the world – CHAMPAGNE, but their counterparts in the New World are catching up fast with their own versions ... England included! We will taste one Champagne against its equivalent in Italy, Spain, South Africa, Brazil and our very own, local, Hampshire-based sparkling wine, and decide for ourselves once and for all which one deserves to be our favourite! This is an opportunity to taste high quality Champagne and compare it to some of the best sparkling wines coming from great locations around the World! PERFECT FOR THE FESTIVE PERIOD ;-)